Fear
I am afraid.
I am afraid to write.
I am afraid to write out of fear that my words will just be words, out of fear that my words will be as stiff as wood.
I am afraid for fear that my words will be inadequate.
I am afraid that it will never be enough.
That I will never be enough.
But the Bible says, "God is love...There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us" (1 John 4:16a,18-19).
And the Bible says, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go" (Joshua 1:9).
God says do not be afraid because he is love.
It's the devil, the world, and the flesh, not God, whispering to me to be silent.
So I will fear no more.
I will write because my words are more than words, they are prayers, they are offerings to my Father.
I will write because God places things on my heart.
I will write because it's holy and chaotic.
I will write to share my story, others' stories, and ultimately, God's story.
I will write to stand up for what is right.
And I will not be afraid of being wrong sometimes.
Because that's the journey of writing.
Because these are not just my words. They come from a place deep within, the place where the Holy Spirit lives in me. God has given me words, and I will use them to point to him in whatever messy way I can.
I do not have to be afraid because God is using his Word to lovingly write my story.
And he is writing yours, too.
Amen.

Thank you so much for sharing this post! It was just the encouragement I needed at this point in my writing journey.
ReplyDelete